Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Deciding to go to Law School Part II

So, Letters of Recommendation
Honestly I've never been close with any of my professors. For some reason I have a strange fear of teachers. I blame it on my seventh grade English teacher who made it her goal to make me feel embarrassed in front of the class three times a day.
So I'll be referencing the University of Louisiana because most of the information on this post is from their site. If you want to get a great letter of recommendation, I suggest you find the nicest professor you have and suck up to him/her. And make sure you're getting an A in their class. The U of L suggests you do not get more than three letters. Most likely because they won't read it.

Personal Statement
Just like when you applied for college, you need to write a personal statement telling admissions why you stand out from everyone else. Honestly I had the hardest time with this. I also felt that it was a bit unfair. So because I haven't been through tragic events I can't get in? Anyways, U of L stated that you can also emphasize why you want to go to law school and be a lawyer. I think if you just write with some passion, you'll stand out pretty well.

Number of Schools to Apply to
U of L suggests that one school should be your dream school, three schools you would be satisfied with, and one school to fall back on.
Honestly, I think I'll be applying to two or three. Application fees need to be considered too!

Additional information will be added later, thanks for reading!

Credits: louisiana.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment